Sunday 8 November 2009

Sunday market

Every Sunday Marion and I exhibit at a local market, Marion with her lovely paper mosaics and my portraits. We started last December and it has provided a surprising number of commissions. Today I got three new commissions - the first is via the client of the Posthumous lady portrait posted here. He phoned during the week saying a friend of his wanted a double pastel portrait and he duly came this morning with his friend's photos. He is still very emotional about the portrait I did of his wife and he rather tearfully told me he was speaking about me to all his friends and would get more work for me. Sometimes this job gives you the best possible moments. The second commission is also a double pastel portrait and the third is of three dogs, also in pastel. So a dusty week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment